Using the Treatment Plan Generator
Our Treatment Plan Generator is designed to make the important task of creating a blueprint for counseling or therapy a lot easier.
You will fill out the “prompts” telling the Planner about your client’s problems and circumstances.
Then you tell the Planner how many goals, objectives, and interventions you want to see in the plan.
Finally, you’ll indicate the type of interventions you want to see in the Plan, such as Dialectical Behavior Therapy, Cognitive Behavior Therapy, and so on.
In minutes you’ll get a complete editable plan including suggestions for tools you can use with the client.
Revise the plan at any time you like by simply giving the Generator new prompts. See the video to the right to get a quick overview or read below for detailed instructions.
How It Works
Access the Treatment Plan Generator from the “My Clients” Tab in the Navigation
This will take you to the list of your Clients.
You can add clients by clicking the button on the top right.
If you have already added clients to your Virtual Counseling Rooms, your clients should be automatically added.
Click on a Client’s Name to access the Treatment Planner.
Fill out all the prompts on the Treatment Plan Generator
- Fill in the Diagnostic Categories and Codes.
- Describe the primary reasons the client is seeking hellp. The more specific you can be the better!
- Describe other problems a client may be having.
- Describe family issues that might affect therapy/counseling.
- Describe educational or learning issues that might be relevant.
- Note gender pronouns if appropriate.
- List evidence-based therapies you think are most appropriate.
- List ancillary therapies you think might be helpful.
- List the number of Goals you want addressed.
- List the number of Objectives, and Interventions you want for each Goal.
- Note the date you want the Plan to be reviewed.
- Click the Generate Plan Button.
Your Treatment Plan Will Generate In About Five Minutes
Completing the Treatment Plan
The Treatment Plan will generate Goals, Objectives, and Interventions AND Recommended Tools.
You can download the tools you want to use, print them out for your clients, or add them to a Virtual Counseling Room for assignments.
If you are not happy with the Treatment Plan, you can ask for more Prompts (see below).
You can edit the Treatment Plan to make sure it is precise as possible. We recommend you share the Plan with your client to get feedback on the Plan.
Save the Treatment Plan and it will appear on your Client’s Timeline for later reference or revisions.
You can make revisions to the plan by adding more prompts. For example, you could write: “Give me an additional Goal on Mindfulness, with two objectives and two Interventions.
Of course, you can also edit the Plan using the Edit Button.
You will find the Treatment Plan on the History Timeline for each client, as well as the Progress Notes you create.
Do you have questions about the Treatment Plan Generator? Just drop us a line. We will normally get back to you in just a few hours.